PWWB COMSATS Scholarship 2020
Full scholarships are being offered by Punjab worker’s welfare board PWWB to the laborers and miners and/or their children for all single degree programs at COMSATS Lahore. 30% quota is reserved for worker and/or their children by COMSATS in each of the single-degree programs.
The Labour Department of the govt. of Punjab is liable for payment of all the expenses of the PWWB Quota students.
PWWB Scholarship covers
Eligibility Criteria | PWWB COMSATS Scholarship
The worker must fulfill the subsequent criteria:
- An individual is qualified as a labor worker if he fulfills the definition of a worker as is defined within the industrial Relation Act, of 2010.
- The worker should have a sound social insurance card.
- The worker should have a minimum work experience of 1 year in an exceeding factory registered under the Factories Act 1934 or Mines Act 1923.
- A company is going to be deemed as a factory if it fulfills the definition of a factory as is defined within the Workers’ Welfare Fund Ordinance 1971 or Companies’ Profit Workers Participation Act 1968.
- Children of deceased/disabled workers also are eligible to give an application for this scholarship provided the worker/ miner was deceased/ disabled during service, registered under the EOBI/ Social Security, his widow/ legal heir got Death Grant from Punjab Workers’ Welfare Board, or receives a pension from the EOBI/ Social Security.
- The worker/ miner or his child seeking admission mustn’t are involved in any criminal activity or criminal proceedings.
Award of PWWB COMSATS Scholarship
The candidates apply for this scholarship at the time of admission altogether to the Degree Programs. The candidates are required to submit the subsequent set of documents together with their admission form at the time of admission:
- Worker/ miner’s CNIC.
- Worker/ miner’s Social Security Card/ Old Age Benefit Card.
- Worker/ miner’s Factory Card/ Employee Card mentioning his/ her designation.
- Worker/ miner’s Appointment Letter.
- The Factory Registration Certificate under the Factories Act 1934 or Mines Act 1923.
- CNIC/ Family Registration Certificate issued by NADRA of the potential student.
- Worker/ miner’s Service Certificate and a certificate on his/ her good moral conduct.
- The candidate needs to sign an affidavit on an Rs. 20 Stamp Paper with a statement to return all educational expenses to the Labor Department on discontinuation of his/her studies.
- Just In case a deceased/ disabled worker/ miner is, proof of receiving a Death Grant/ Disability Pension needs to be submitted.
This scholarship is given for a maximum of 8 semesters or to the length of duration of the student’s respective degree program. If a candidate repeats a course or semester, he/she will deposit the fees according to CIIT rules and regulations.
Schedule | PWWB COMSATS Scholarship / Admission
Application Deadline: August 15, 2020
Entry Test: 6-13 August 2020
Merit list: 24 August 2020
For Detail Click on the Link: