Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program 2020
Education after intermediate is one of the ways to beat poverty. However, access to educational activity is distributed very unevenly. As an example, only 0.4% of the kids from the bottom level income quintile (from the relevant age cohort) are enrolled in higher education institutions, which is way below the national average of 10%. Ehsaas scholarships are objective to eradicate this source of unequal access.
According to the National Human Development Report 2017, Pakistan is one amongst the youngest country in the world. Realizing its demographic reality which encompasses a population of around 220 million out of which quite half are of the university-age cohort, the priority of the state of Pakistan is to focus on such programs which give the drive to produce access to financially deserving and also encourage gender equity.
The strategy is to form opportunities for a sizeable segment of youth to bring them under the net of higher education and make equal education opportunities for all.
The Govt of Pakistan launched the Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship program 2020 for scholars in 2019. The 2nd phase of the program will be started soon in July/August 2020. Students will submit the scholarship applications through the HEC portal. The precise date of the beginning of registration has been announced by HEC.
The government of Pakistan has taken the initiative of the country’s 1st largest undergraduate Scholarship program Ehsaas Undergraduate scholarship in 2019. Under this program, 200,000 scholarships will be given to deserving students within the period of 4 years.
Female students are going to be awarded scholarships on a 50% quota. Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship may be a fully-funded program, in which not only tuition fee is included but a monthly stipend also will incline the students.
Main Features | Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship 2020
- 50,000 Scholarships every year
- 200,000 undergraduate scholarships in 4 years
- 50% of seats reserved for women
- Full tuition fee
- Monthly Stipend
- Special Preference is for disabled and students belonging to needy areas
Eligibility Criteria | Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship program 2020
- Deserving students from low-income families
- Undergraduate students enrolled in affiliated public sector universities are eligible to apply
- Only those students are eligible who got admission on a merit basis in public sector respective universities
- Students who got admission to self-finance / self-support programs don’t seem to be eligible to apply for the scholarship
- Students availing the other scholarship or grant from any source aren’t eligible to apply
- Students already availing of the other scholarship or grant from any other source are ineligible to apply
- This program is only for regular students. Distant learning students are ineligible
- Ehsaas Scholarship program is for scholars of undergraduate degree programs. This program will offer need-based scholarships to them.
How to Apply | Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship 2020
- Eligible candidates can apply online at https://ehsaas.hec.gov.pk/#/login
- A complete form can be submitted to the respective university’s financial help office
- Do not submit the application form directly to HEC or BISP
Deadline for Eshass Scholarship
The deadline for Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship 2020 is 30th Oct.