MPhil and PhD Scholarships In Medical
Primary and Secondary Health care department, Government of Punjab declared M.Phil and Ph.D. scholarships. These scholarships will be given through Prevention and Control of Non-Communicable Diseases Program. Non-Communicable Diseases are considered a big threat globally.
It is necessary that strategies pertaining to the prevention and control of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) should be based on sound scientific proof that ensure their effectiveness which needs proof-based research. There is great capacity for researchers to play their important role in the field.
Candidates who are currently enrolled in the M.Phil & Ph.D. Programs in medical disciplines at any Higher Education Commission (HEC) ratified universities and degree-awarding institutions in Punjab are eligible. And those having Punjab Domicile may also apply for the MPhil and Ph.D. Scholarships.
Punjab Government Medical Scholarship Encloses
- Up to Rs.40, 000 annually (only for one Year) for M . Phil. Scholarships.
- Up to Rs. 80,000 Annually (for a maximum of 3 years) for PhD Scholarships.
- The eligible students will submit their research proposal pertaining to the Prevention of Non-Communicable Diseases (Diabetes, Cardio Vascular Diseases (CVDs), Chronic Respiratory Diseases (CRDs), Cancers (Oral, Breast, Cervical)
Eligibility Criteria | MPhil and Ph.D. Scholarships
Detailed and complete criteria and TORs of scholarships can be downloaded from the Primary Secondary Healthcare website http://pshealth.hisdu.com/Home/Download and from NCDs Program’s website https://ncd.punjab.gov.pk/downloads or can be got from the below-mentioned address.
How to Apply for MPhil and Ph.D. Medical Scholarships
The candidates must submit
- Application that is on prescribed format available online.
- On university letterhead in-principle agreement, signed & stamped from the research supervisor /Head of Department at their respective university available online.
- Cover Letter (up to 500-words) showing the importance of their research.
- Approved Research Proposal with relevant work plan, prescribed objectives, and methodology.
- All supporting credentials.
- Complete applications will be received at NCDs Program Office, 1st Floor, Directorate General Health Services, 24-Cooper Road Lahore.
- The last date for application submission is February 2021 before 5.00 pm. Call or email the prescribed contact below for any query
After scrutiny and approval by the research committee, the decision regarding the grant of the scholarship shall be announced.