The University of Helsinki in Finland offers scholarship programs for overseas students that pay tuition and/or living expenses depending on eligibility criteria, academic merit, and financial need.
Applications are being accepted for the University Of Helsinki Scholarships 2023 in Finland. The deadline for applying for the University of Helsinki Scholarship is November 4, 2023.
The University of Helsinki in Finland has a number of scholarships available to international students pursuing undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate degrees. The scholarships include tuition and living expenses and are awarded on the basis of academic merit and/or financial need.
Applicants must meet the required criteria and submit a full application by the deadline to be assessed. The University of Helsinki also offers assistance and resources to help international students flourish academically and socially while studying in Finland.
University of Helsinki Finland
The University of Helsinki is an outstanding research institution with its headquarters in Helsinki, Finland. The oldest and biggest university in Finland was built in 1640.
Research in several areas, including the social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, and biological sciences, is highly prioritized at the institution. Moreover, it collaborates with other universities all over the world and is a member of the League of European Research Universities (LERU) and the Utrecht Network.
Details of Helsinki University Finland Scholarships 2023
Criteria for University of Helsinki Scholarships
Applicants must have applied for a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate program at the University of Helsinki and obtained an acceptance letter.
Applicants must have an outstanding academic record and a minimum GPA for their degree of study.
Some scholarships even require applicants to show financial need or other credentials, such as language fluency or research experience.
Complete the scholarship application form:
The scholarship application form must be filled out and submitted electronically.
Applicants must produce a copy of their passport or other official identification to prove their nationality.
Applicants must produce official transcripts of their academic records from their prior educational institution.
Language proficiency test results:
Applicants must present proof of English language proficiency, such as TOEFL or IELTS exam scores. Some programs may additionally require Finnish or Swedish expertise.
Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume:
Applicants must submit a complete CV or resume explaining their educational and professional background.
How to apply it
- Evaluate the eligibility requirements: Check that you meet the qualifying requirements for the scholarship you wish to apply for.
- Select a degree program: Select the degree program you intend to pursue at the University of Helsinki and ensure that you meet the admission requirements.
- Scholarship search: Check the university’s scholarship database to see whether you are qualified for any scholarships.
- Prepare the following documents: Collect all of the necessary paperwork for your scholarship application. The documentation required may differ based on the scholarship you are applying for.
- Send your application: Submit your scholarship application via the university’s online application portal. Make certain that you properly follow the instructions and submit all essential documents.
- Stay for the results: wait for the scholarship committee to consider your application and make a decision.