The Killers by Ernest Hemingway Quiz
Q. Choose the best answer out of the given alternatives.
1. What are the names of the two expected killers of OleAnderson?
(a) All and Something
(b) Al and Ell
(c) All and Evil
(d) All and Max
2. Whose lunchroom it was?
3. What is the name of the town?
4. What is the name of the expected prey?
(a) Al Anderson
(c) Neil Anderson
(d) Ole Anderson
5. Where does Ole live?
(a) Hirsch’s rooming house
(b) In his own house
(c) In Henery’s hotel
(d) In the market
6. Who went to inform Ole about the arrival Of expected killers?
7. Who looked after Mrs.Hirsch’s rooming house?
(a) Mrs. Flute
(b) Mrs. Cow
(c) Mrs. Ox
8. Who said: “I’ve been in here all day”?
(b) Nick Anderson
(c) Ole Anderson
9. Who “was lying on the bed with all his clothes on”?
(a) Ole Anderson
(b) Nick Adams
10. Who had a derby hat on his head?
Fill In The Blanks
Fill proper words in the blanks of these sentences;
1. The two men at the counter and the menu
2. “I’ll have roast pork tenderloin with apple sauce and mashed potatoes
3. “Give me chicken croquettes with bright peas and cream sauce and mashed potatoes”.
4. “Another bright boy,” Al said. “Ain’t he a group boy, Max?”
5. He was like a photographer arranging for a group’s picture.
6. If anybody comes in, you tell them the cook is off.
7. Nick and the cook were back to back in the comer, a towel tied in each of their mouths,
8. George went back through the swinging door into the kitchen and untied Nick and the cook.
9. Outside there is light shone through the bare branches of a tree.
10. Ole Anderson was lying on the bed with all his clothes on.
11. They were going to shoot you when you came into supper.
12. As he shut the door, he saw ole Anderson with all his clothes on, lying on the bed looking at the wall.
13. “Yes,” said Nick. “He is in the room and he won’t go out.
14. “1 can’t stand to think about him waiting in the room and knowing he’s going to get it. It’s too damned awful.”
Say which sentences are true and which are false
1. Al and Ole are the expected killers.
2. The name of nigger is Sam.
3. The killers are in search of Ole Anderson.
4. Nick Adams warned Ole Anderson about the expected killers.
5. Ole cares much for his safety.
6. Ole had been a heavy weight prize fighter.
7. Ole lived at Hirsch’s rooming house.
8. Nick liked the town very much.
9. Al and Max wanted to kill Ole because “he must have got mixed up in something in Chicago”.
10. Al and Max kill Ole Anderson in the end.
11. Silver beer, Bevo and ginger ale could be supplied by George to the customers at his restaurant.
12. The name of the town in the story was Topper.