Tolerance Lesson by E.M Forster
Multiple Choice Questions
Select the right answer from the following options.
1. What is the thing required for the rebuilding of civilization?
2. The essay “Tolerance” is basically a speech delivered by E.M.Forster form
3. According to the E.M Forster, who is the enemy?
4. What kind of flat was where the Forster lived?
5. Many people think that_______can rebuild the. civilization.
6. ______have a force in public affairs.
(d) None of these
7. According to E.M Forster, we cannot______those who are strangers to us.
8. After the World War-2, the main thing is required that is_______.
9. Forster says that when the love ends,______starts.
10. By whom the inscriptions had been set up for spreading mercy and mutual understanding?
(a) King Shah Jahan
(c) Dutch Scholar Rasmus
(d) none of these
11. Who Was the first Christian pop______?
(c) St. Meridew
12. Who were not in favor of tolerance?
(a) St. Paul and Dante
(d) Adam smith
(c) Johan Lock
13. Who stood apart from the religious fanaticism of the Reformation.
(d) none of these
14. ______wrote many essays for the importance of tolerance.
(c) Emperor Asoka
(d) John Lock
15. A book named “Modern Symposium” was written by______which might be called the Bible of Tolerance.
(a) George Adam
(c) Sydney Smith
(d). none of these
16. Who was in favor of tolerance in Germany?
(c) Adam Smith
17. ______has been tried throughout history but it has always failed.
18. Although people think that tolerance is_____virtue yet it is necessary.
19. According to the Forster, people may adopt______sate of mind.
20. According to the Forster the first state of mind that people may adopt is:
(b) Nazi solution
(d) give place to others
21. According to the Forster the Second state of mind that people may adopt is:
(b) Nazi solution
(d) put ourselves in other’s place
22. According to the Forster the third state of mind that people may adopt is:
(c) point out fanaticism
23. Forster says that tolerance should not be taken as a weakness, but a______.
(c) good deed
True False Questions
- Everybody is talking about reconstruction.
- 2. Surely the only sound foundation for a civilization is a sound state of mind.
- Love is not a great force in private life: it works in public life.
- We can only love what we know personally.
- A civilized future may be built on love and its propagation.
- Reconstruction is unlikely to be rapid.
- The writer believes that he can love his enemies, like Germans,
- Tolerance carries on Bhen love gives out and love gives out soon.
- St. Paul and Dante did not do what Asoka, the great, did.
- Erasmus was a French scholar.
- John Locke was a French philosopher.
- Goethe was a German.
Answer the Following Questions
Q 1: Who was the E.M Forster?
Ans: E.M Forster was an English novelist, critic, and essayist whose works have been translated in twenty-one languages.
Q 2: What was his view in his writings?
Ans: He was a true humanist and a good thinker. He had a great relationship with humanity that was his central them of his writings.
Q 3: Which policy had been given by him for the rebuilding of the United Kingdom?
Ans: He recommended the policy of peaceful co-existence and tolerance in human relations, communities and nations.
Q 4: Which are his famous works?
Ans: His famous work includes “Where Angels Fear to Passage to India”, and “Tolerance is taken from his collection, “Two Cheers Democracy.”
Q5: When did the E.M Forster born?
Ans: E.M Forster was born in middle-class Family in January I, 1879.
Q 6: When did the E.M Forster die?
Ans: He died in June7, 1970 due to bad tuberculosis.
Q 7: When did he serve as a soldier?
Ans: In the first World-War, he served in the international Red Cross, in Alexandria, ‘Egypt.
Q 8: Did the E.M Forster work as a broadcaster?
Ans: Yes. he did. He had also been a successful broadcaster on SSC Radio.
Q 9: What the main thing is required for the rebuilding of the civilization of the world?
Ans: According to E.M Forster tolerance is the only virtue on the basis of which we can re-build the civilization of the human world.
Q I0: Who were planning• for the rebuilding of England after World War -2?
Ans: After the Second World War, British statement, architects contractors and economists were planning for the reconstruction of the country.
Q 11: What the thing is required for construction?
Ans: According to the E.M Forster there is a need for a sound state of mind for reconstruction. Most of the people believe that the world can be reconstructed on the basis of love.
Q12: Why does the Forster give the importance of tolerance over love?
Ans: Forster gives the importance of tolerance over love because he says that love is a great force in private life but in public affairs love does not have its impact.
Q 13: How do you define ‘Tolerance’?
Ans: Tolerance is an attitude of someone which means putting it up to other people. But the tolerance is boring and negative virtue as compared to love. We cannot love strangers but tolerate their kind of at.
Q14: How should-we use tolerance in our lives?
Ans: For this purpose, we should not be huffy, touchy, irritable and revengeful in our relations with others. We should leam to put ourselves in other’s place We should also learn to eradicate the fanaticism In ourselves.
Q 15: Who opposes the tolerance?
Ans: Nobody opposes tolerance. No one has raised a slogan against tolerance. Because tolerance is the sound state of mind.
Q 16: What do the main things create disharmony?
Ans: There are many factors that create disharmony between people and other, These factors are color, creed, caste, religion, etc. So for removing such disharmony the tolerance must be practiced.
Q 17: Where is tolerance needed for?
Ans: Tolerance is needed at every place. Tolerance is needed in queues, at the station, on the telephone, in the street, in the office, at the houses, and above all between classes, races, and nations.
Q 18: According to the E.M Forster, who was in favor of Tolerance?
Ans: Asoka, Erasmus, Montaigne, John Locke, Sydney Smith, Goethe, and Lowes Dickinson were in favor of tolerance.
Q 19: According to the writer, who was not in favor of tolerance?
Ans: St.Paul and Dante were not in favor of tolerance.
Q 20: How far is important?
Ans: Tolerance should not be taken as a weakness. It does not mean to accept your defeat or surrender. We can rebuild our civilization on the basis of applying tolerance in our lives.
39 thoughts on “Tolerance By E.M Forster Lesson13 MCQs True False Short Questions”
I appreciate you getting this to me so quickly so I have time to review it.
Thanks for stepping up and getting this done for us.
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.
Top effort Mam g👍
Top effort Mam g 🖤
Top effort Mam g👍
Good morning mam g 🌞have a good day💐💐💐
That's great effort !thank you so mach
Thank you so much mam excellent effort 👍👍👍👌
Thank you so much mam
Good afternoon ma'm.
Its just Fabolous Mam…u r doing really an amazing job…
My Bestest Mentor⚘🌷
Mam how to download roll no slip…?
Plz guide in this case….
You can download B.A part 2 roll no slip from PU website.its easy.you will have to enter the required data and then you get your roll no slip
Thanx for admiring the efforts
This is prepared for you students so you learn more and more from the provided data
Thank u So Much Mam..For ur guidance.
Great effort Miss Anila..👍
Thanks mam for us guidance
Mam can you send me a mcqs about tolerance