My Grand Father Lesson-7
- Who is the writer of the essay My Grandfather”?
(a) D.H Lawrence
(b) William Polexfen
(c) William Butler Yeasts
(d) W.H Auden
- Willian Butler Yeats born in_______.
3. William Butler Yeats died in______.
- The essay ” My Grandfather” is the______of the writer.
(c) Symbolic story
(d) None of these
- The essay consists of the______of his grandfather.
(c) War activities
- Where does the Yests pass his vacation?
(a) grandfather’s home
(b) cousin’s home
(c) uncle’s home
(d) brother-in-law’s home
- There was a great______in house of grandfather.
- The house of the Yesats’ grandfather was very_________.
- Yeats’ grandfather was a_______ man.
(c) Non- Conscious
- The author’s memories are________and fragmentary.
(d).none of these
- Yeats says that his_______was characterized by pain, sorrow, and unknown fears.
- The name of Yeats’ grandfather was______.
(a) William Davies
(b) William pollex fen
(d) William Arthur
- What was the name of the window, that Yeats used to see?
(d) none of these
- The ‘name of the city, where the Yeats’ grandfather lived.
- We should not take the light of the troubles of the children. Who did it say the sentence?
(a) Yeats’ grandfather
(b) Yeats’ mother
(c) Yeats’ uncle
(d) Yeats’ grandmother
- Once the writer threw a stone at the______and its wing broke.
- According to the writer, his grandfather was very______to him.
- The grandmother knew the Winning of freedom of Spain by grandfather in the age of_______.(a) 85
- The Yeats’ grandfather was the owner of______.
- The writer grandfather’s temperament was______ .
21.The grandfather of the Yeats was the only son and he was_______.
- Once the writer’s uncle asked him to borrow a railway passport______.
(a) 5-6 miles far
(b) 8-9 miles far
(c) 6-7 miles far
(d) 9-10 miles far
- When the Yeats uncle asked to borrow the railway passport, his age was________.
(a) 8 years
(b) 6 years
(c) 7 years
(d) 5 years
- Stubble was locked at________.
(c) 10 pm
(d) 1 1 pm
(a) 8 pm
(b) 9 pm
- The writer’s grandmother was very pious and did many______.
(c) other activities
- The writer was quite afraid of his_______.
Short Questions and Their Answers
Q I: Who is William Butler Yeats?
Ans:William Butler Yeats was an Irish poet, dramatist, and statesman.
Q 2: Write the names of the writer’s plays.
Ans : “The Countess Cathleen”, “The land.of heart’s desire”, “The Wild
Swans at Coole.”
Q 3: what does the writer describe in the essay ” My Grandfather?
Ans: In this essay, the writer recollects his childhood memories of his
Q 4: How does the writer Yeats feel in his childhood?
Ans: The writer suffered from lawlessness and often felt misery in his
childhood. He had a red pony and garden to walk about.
Q 5: What kind of the Yeats’ grandfather was?
Ans: His grandfather was the only child of his parents. That is why he was
silent, solitary, and had few friends. So his grandfather was the silent
Q 6: What kind of adventure the Yeats’ grandfather had done in his
Ans: The grandfather Of the Yeats had traveled widely and had gone to
many parts of the world. He also had won freedom of some Spanish city.
Q 7: How does the grandfather look physically?
Ans: Yeats’ grandfather was physically very strong and healthy. He
never asked anybody which he himself did not do.
Q 8: What kind Of nature had the grandfather of Yeats?
Ans: He had a violent temper person. Instead of .going to the law, he would
knock burglars down. He was even fond of reading and •had a great
knowledge of politics.
Q 9: Had the grandfather of the writer ships in his own ownership?
Ans: Yes, he had owned many sailing ships but he was never
impolite to any of his employees.
Q 10: Describe Yeats’ grandmother.
Ans: The writer’s grandmother was a very kind, most gentle, patient, and
generous lady. She was fond -of handwork. She had a hobby like
Q II: Why did the Yeats’ grandmother punished him?
Ans: The writer’s grandmother only once punished him. She punished
him on account of doing playing activities with the servant of the house.
Q 12: How did the writer knows his relatives?
Ans: The writer remembered many uncles and aunts who came and went
there. He was always afraid of them.
Q 13: What did the Yeats realize in his youth?
Ans: In his youth the writer became a happier man and he realized that his
miseries were not real but self-imported.